Are you all set to launch your website, personal blog or an online shopping site? After getting all the things done about the representation and working of the website, the next step comes to hunting the web hosting provider. Basically, it is always better to choose the local hosting provider that has its servers located in the country, the same as your business location. This helps to improve your local search. During your searching, you will notice most of the companies claim the same things like unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space and unlimited websites hosting.
In addition to this, you must also be sure of the companies' other features like uptime, availability, migration, and others. Therefore, it is your responsibility to prepare the strong points about your hosting requirements, before you choose your next hosting company. There are hundreds of hosting providers available and it becomes very confusing to choose the best one out of them.
Thus, I am mentioning some important factors to keep in mind before selecting any web hosting provider.
1) Your budget : If you are looking for the reliable hosting provider and at the same time the affordable one, then make sure you choose the best web hosting company. Choosing a foreign brand will definitely cost you more than your budget. Considering the currency exchange rates and other financial factors, it will always be better to choose the local company that can fit into your budget.
2) The nature of your website : Do you have an e-commerce website or a blog, is it well established, or a growing one? So, make sure that your service provider should be able to provide you the cluster of services that can match your website's requirement. For example, if you want to host the e-commerce website, then it is necessary to have the SFTP access that allows you to transfer the data in a secure way.
3) Types and features of hosting : Different types of websites need different types of hosting. For e.g.: if you want to host a personal website then at initial stage cheap shared hosting can be a better choice for you. If you have windows based website or application then you have consider windows shared hosting, this one is also affordable from MilesWeb. So, that you can experience the nature of the hosting provider and the service offered by them. Later, if you are satisfied with them and want to expand the plan, then you can easily move to VPS or dedicated plan from the same provider. Similarly, there can be other sites like shopping or e-commerce sites that need plenty of bandwidth and RAM with more disk storage space. So, make sure that your provider can fulfill all your hosting needs. So, it is always good to look for a provider that offers almost all types of hosting services like shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS and cloud hosting along with the WordPress hosting.
Always remember that every hosting provider has some or the other strength and weakness. So, before choosing any particular one, try to contact them and clear your doubts. You can do this well if you have the questions to be asked, ready with you. And still, if you think that you missed out some points, then don't hesitate to reach out to them again and again. The provider will be happy to serve you every time you ask for.
4) Add-on services - Sometimes, you may require add-ons for your website that don't come with the regular hosting plans. Suppose your website data size and traffic has been increasing on a daily or monthly basis then it is necessary to take regular backups. This task may consume your time to take the manual backup and again you are not sure that the place is secure where you going to put your backup data. So in this case, it is always beneficial to have to pay some extra bucks and get the automatic backup from your provider on daily basis. This will reduce your task and will save your time. Also your, data will remain safe on the servers.
5) Technical support - Every web host user will require help from technical team atleast once in their whole lifetime, because the web hosting service incorporates many technical aspects and not every user understands them. So, the technical support plays a vital role in the hosting industry. While selecting any provider make sure that you get the support from the in-house team, so that they will be available at any time you need them. Many foreign companies differ in timing and hence, they cannot help you with the issues when you need them.
Their representative may reach to you after 1 to 2 hours, but till then you cannot afford to sustain your business working. Also, there can be a language barrier and you may not understand what the representative is trying to explain to you. So, it is always better that you choose the one that provides you the support in local language e.g. in India the support is expected in Hindi and English languages. Also, the tech support team should be available to you 24/7 on all 365 days a year via chat, email, and phone call.
6) Speed - A good speed website is considered as a better responsive website. And the responsive website always gives the best user experience. The speed of your website is attainable if the hosting provider offers you at least 99% of uptime, above that is always a good option.
Conclusion - Considering all the above points will definitely help you to come out with the best choice of your hosting partner. Just find out your requirements and start your search. To make it easier, I would suggest you start up with the local hosting providers for your business located in your country and target the local audience.